Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Weekend Wonders...

My weekend sports heroes were back in the swing of things this past weekend. I'm happy to report to you the heavy rain between Thursday and Friday did not damper their activities. I am even more happy to report to you that the first Saturday game wasn't until 12:15pm. Hallelujah! First weekend in well over 4 weeks that I have been able to sleep in. That's what I'm talking about! Of course, Bball Girl sauntering in at 8:30am to say "hello" and give me a sweet kiss wasn't a bad thing, but sure did prevent the sleep-in that I thought I would have.

With three kids on sports teams at the same time, we are bound to have some overlap. Most weekends, in fact, we have to be creative with who is going where, and with whom, and when. This weekend was extra crafty as all three games were closely connected in time. All of us were able to head out to Youngest's soccer game to watch a mini David Beckham / Pele / Speed Racer do his thing. Perhaps he was out of practice from missing two weeks of gaming, and perhaps that contributed to the slow start of the 1st half. But! By second half it was game on! Mr. Flash was ridiculous, actually. The team was down 5-0, with no hope of a comeback. But you know what friends? There is always hope. And for the Fireball soccer team, this weekend's hope was named Youngest. That fella scored 4 back to back goals all within 5 minutes of play time. The team finished with a 6-5 win!

Next it was divide and conquer. I took Bball Girl to her baseball game. Two hours...I should have brought a book. To be fair, it wasn't a boring game to watch. There was certainly some action, including miss thing catching a nice pop fly at 3rd and an almost second out at 3rd where she caught the ball from a teammate's throw and touched the base instead of tagging the runner. We have to work on the difference between a forced run and a stolen base. We're working on it.

Meanwhile, The Hub was at Soccer Chick's game. Thank God for texting capabilities. He and I literally kept each other updated by this wonderful technology. Turns out Soccer Chick scored a fantastic goal, although her team took a loss, 2-3. Since I didn't have the pleasure of being there, The Hub took it upon himself to act out the goal, using Bball Chick and Youngest as his opponents. He carefully placed them in position and used our kitchen to show me Soccer Chick's moves. Funny, I feel as if I was there in person after watching that.

It was a great weekend of sports games and simply beautiful fall weather. Wish you could have been there!

No comments:

Post a Comment