Friday, January 28, 2011

What Day Is It Anyway?

Friends, I can't even tell you what "30 Day Shred" day it is. I must admit I punked out on two days this week. Yup. Just straight up punked out. Wednesday and Thursday we are chalking up to snow days. My knees are starting to ache so that's fast becoming a pliable excuse too.

Nevertheless I found a pair of jeans I haven't seen in years and put them on today. Now, don't mistake, I'm not calling this progress. Who knows what state these jeans were in the last time I wore them. I can't for the life of me recall any memories attached to these particular jeans. Opened a dresser drawer today and there they were. The Hub says it looks like I had to lay on the bed to get them on. But friends, really. It's not that bad, I promise.

The real point of blogging today would be to give you another great glimpse of life with Youngest. After vigorous snow-playing for what seemed like endless hours yesterday from the third floor of our house we hear the door chime. A signal someone has come in. We don't hear the pounding of their lovely, anything-but-delicate feet hitting the steps so after a few minutes The Hub goes to check it out. The man has stealth to his investigation and if these kids haven't figured that out yet, they are in so much trouble.

He ever so quietly goes down to the kitchen, rounds the corner to find Youngest standing perched in front of the refrigerator, door hanging open, top on the milk missing, milk halfway hanging off the shelf. Youngest in an incredibly "busted" frame of mind, slowly turns toward the Hub to reveal his face filled with milk. Milk-filled cheeks, milk literally dripping down off his chin over the front of his jacket and hitting the floor..."plop plop plop," while Youngest just stands there totally busted as a milk bandit. Before the Hub can even say "what in the world are you doing?" Youngest just drops his shoulders and gives that "ahhhhhhmmmm" laugh that he does when he knows yet again he wasn't smart enough to out smart his really really smart parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment