Tuesday, February 8, 2011

And The Winner Is...

6 pounds. I know you were anxiously awaiting the answer to my 30 Day Shred program. Contrary to the DVD cover, I did not lose 20 pounds. Upon closer inspection, after I have completed my 30 days, I can see the little "*" beside the "20lbs." I am also fairly certain that it was not there when I first ripped the plastic off that bad boy. You know, life gives some of us lemons, others of us oranges. And for others of us, the grapefruits cling to us. I didn't lose my 20, but I lost my 6. The better news, I think, would be that I am continuing to do the program two or three times a week. I have not yet advanced to level 3. I mean, a girl is not trying to die.

You won't believe this to be so, but my knees have been aching. At 36 I am way too young to have this problem. I can't exactly blame it on my vast athletic career. I'm a bed potato. Way worse than a couch potato. Way worse. Regardless, about half way into the 30 Day Shred, I noticed that my knees were aching as I went up and down steps, stood up, sat down, etc. Gulp! No one wants knee problems. The weather is warming up. That means we can come out from our shell of a home and enjoy the outside benefits of exercise. As my favorite brother in law would say, "God's gym."

In other Copeland news, Bball Girl continues to rock it on the basketball court. Her team now stands at a proud 6-0-1. This upcoming Saturday they face the team that gave them that "1" in their record. At last week's game, Bball Girl was not on the top of her game. She missed a few shots. But hey, who in the world wants to be wide awake super early in the morning? Thankfully, that was the last of our early games. A girl needs her rest. Bball Girl, I'm speaking of, of course. So here we are at the game and Bball Girl just can not find her groove. The entire team, actually, was a little off. They didn't play badly, but they did play a little off. Some of their usual good shooters just couldn't hit it. Yet, they were fierce. They won.

It was a nail biter and although they led the scoreboard the entire game, right there near the end they were within 2 or 3 points and their one shooter was all over the ball. From the sidelines all we could think to say was don't let that girl get the ball. No shots! Game ends: we won! It was a bit intense there for awhile. Bball Girl had several breakaway moves. Friends, I am clearly not sure if this is the correct term, but I'm going for it. On those "breakaways" she tore down the court, only to miss her shot. She just couldn't seem to plant her feet and get settled before flying off with the ball. I think she might have gotten tired of hearing me yell at her to put the wild shots away. Just put them to bed already!

After the game, an opponent's dad came up to tell us what a good basketball player Bball Girl is. "She's fast," he says. We know. The girl is extremely fast. In the spring we are leaning towards track for her. It will be back to basketball in the fall, no worries there. The girl has certainly fallen in love with the game. And to be this tiny little player, at least a foot smaller than all others, in and out, weaving between players. They honestly don't see her coming. The referees won't allow stealing from a girl you are not guarding at this level. Shoot, man. That's a shame. She had a couple of those plays only to get called on it. Her other hindrance: that dang double dribble. Honey, I don't even know what this means, really. But the poor girl gets drilled on it every time.

Stay tuned. This week's game is going to be great. One of our key players is out of town so that means each of our girls has to be on point. On another note, I had two very funny, "America's Funniest Videos" quality videos of the kids in action. I do believe my Soccer Chick, in all her solo bathroom home video recording deleted those two videos. I was going for an America's Funniest Videos and Youtube post with those bad boys. Alas, it wasn't to be. I didn't strangle Soccer Chick over it. I just wonder, following the birth of my children, where on the hospital release papers was the part about signing over all your stuff to their grubby little hands? I totally missed that part.

No comments:

Post a Comment