Thursday, January 6, 2011

30 Day Shred - Day 4

I would love to make up some fabulous tale about how much progress I made today. If progress includes dragging myself out of the bed and into Jillian's face, then progress I made! I'm thinking that doesn't quite cut it. I did do my workout and took special joy in the boxing punch move specially targeted toward Jillian's tv face. I hope it hurt.

My muscles are looser and the pain is eh, a degree less. Stairs. Still the devil. And yet, I forge on...

This morning the Hub decided he was coming. Now one thing I don't want to do is talk during a workout. I mean, come on friends...it's hard enough to make yourself do it. No one wants to have a convo during it. The incessant talking, maybe I could tolerate over the other extreme. Coming late to class. This morning the Hub didn't do the out of bed drag like me. He slept like an angel and looked at me with half an eye open. As if to say, "yea, you go ahead and get that work out on. I'll be right here under my blanket." So down to the big workout studio slash basement I go. And lo and behold, 5 minutes into the workout, here comes the Hub. And the daring soul has the nerve to pause the video. Um. Not happy. The pleasant version of the exchange went something like: "the workout doesn't wait for you. You come late, you catch up or you go home."

Hey, may sound harsh, but I was not going to start this huge task and then have to stop and let him catch up. Alright, maybe that wasn't so kind. I'll pray about that. In the meantime, I got my workout on without any talking. Let's just say the Hub decided to forgo the experience this morning after my pleasant barking.

Since last night at our small group bible study we wrapped up the study on Facing Your Giants, I think it's appropriate to identify this weight loss as a giant in my life. If I apply all the things I learned from the study I'll be packing me five smooth stones in my pocket, just like David did in the bible story. Young David had those stones and was ready to defeat the giant Goliath. This "Goliath" is going down my friends. Jillian better be careful, she just might find herself with a stone stuck in the middle of her forehead if she keeps playing with me.

1 comment: