Monday, January 24, 2011

Precious Moments

In the rush and push of our busy daily lives, four children, two full time jobs, no pets (thank God) and a small congregation to care for, the precious moments in time that make for glorious memories sometimes get passed by way too quickly.

Yes, friends, I am still doing the 30 day shred. This is day 20, I think. I have explained to you that my weight is stubborn and incredible as it is to believe, I have fluctuated between 3 pounds up and 3 down for the past 2o days. Amazing to me, since I have been working my butt off with old girl Jillian. And at the end of every workout she says "Amazing job. Just amazing..." And then I click the video off. Not sure how amazing it is.

So today's post is not about that silly thing called a workout. I do want to update you on Bball Girl's basketball game on Saturday, or lack thereof. For some odd reason the other team didn't show. The girls remain undefeated. The coaches decided on an impromptu parents vs. kids game. That was great. You know The Hub got in there. First play of the game Bball Girl had the ball and he smacked down her shot, hard. Like an NBA type move. But, even with that kind of humorous play, Bball Girl was able to get a layup around him and made the shot. I'm pretty sure I got that one on video.

This morning, my precious moment that I didn't want to let time erase from memory would be walking into Youngest's room to drop off a t-shirt for him to wear today. He's sleeping, lights are off and just as I reach the doorway I hear "mom," in a hushed whisper. I look back and Youngest, in all his sweet five-year-old-ness is nestled under his covers, eyes not even open, reaching his hand out gesturing for his mama to come to him. I mean, how sweet is that? I thought to myself, this is a rare moment in time. In a house with a teenager who is 17 and knows everything, girls who are too big to hold in my lap anymore, this five year old's sweetness just enveloped me. So I go to his bed and give him some hugs as he lay with his eyes closed. He pulled closer to me and readjusted himself so he was up close and personal to receive some loving.
"Mom...I'm hungry. Really, really hungry."

No comments:

Post a Comment