Wednesday, January 5, 2011

30 Day Shred - Day 1-3

Friends, I started my New Year Exercise commitment a few days ago. Realize, today is day 3. It has taken me a full two days to peel myself off the floor. I went with the "30 Day Shred" by none other than the great Jillian Michaels. The girl is not messing around. Despite my protesting to her face on the tv, doing my air boxing punches directly at her nose and telling her plainly to please just shut up, I persevered. I've made it to day 3.

Weight loss: .20 of a pound. Don't laugh. It's something. I realize it is only 2 tenths of a pound, but hey, it is truthfully something less than when I started. I've thought about losing weight for many years. Just a thought, not a commitment. I started speed walking last July. Three days a week, at least 30 minutes. Results = none. Once it got cold in December, forget about it. Definitely not going to drag myself out of bed at 5;30am and into the cold. Not gonna happen.

So, here my commitment lies. I've decided to blog about my 30 day war because that makes me more accountable. The most difficult part has been the after affect from the workout. Oh my, friends. Can you say "walking like a 90-year old?" Wow. If I had a cane I would walk with it. Stairs? The devil.

With the holidays gone and routine back in full force, Bball Chick is back at practice. I'm delighted to report she has selected basketball as her spring sport too. Soccer Chick says she's sticking with soccer and we haven't even discussed with Youngest yet. My guess is he will say he wants to play more than one sport. He will then likely try to negotiate his way into making this happen. Oldest is in full swing with Lacrosse workouts. Tryouts coming soon. This will be a new experience for us, but we're game.

No comments:

Post a Comment