Tuesday, January 18, 2011

30 Day Shred - Day 16

Still at it, folks. I have come to the sad, sad conclusion that a watched pot never boils. That old saying has proven true. I can't keep myself from stepping on that scale every single day, hoping for some radical change to just blow me away one morning. Realistically, what am I thinking? I'll see, what, 10 pounds gone over night? A girl can dream can't she?

The truth is, I don't see anything disappear overnight, over day, in-between, upside, downside...it's all the same. It's enough to make a girl give it up. But like Martin Luther King, Jr. "I have a dream..." Friends, this girl is dreaming. I have decided my weight is stubborn-er than I could ever imagine to be. It's just rock-solid stubborn. It joined me heartily ten years ago when my first girl was put into my arms and like a love-child, it doesn't want to leave me. Can I blame it? It's a comfortable life being attached to me. Just ask any one of the four that are attached to my hip/leg/foot/forehead daily.

But seriously, there just is no logical way that a girl can work out this hard, every single day. I mean, it's day 16 already. And Jillian is literally mopping the floor with me. Half way to 30 days...and yet my weight is still the same. I think my point of encouraging you by blogging about this process is really lost. Really lost. I guess the encouraging thought would be that I keep going. Every morning I'm up at 5:25am. An ungodly hour if ever there was one.

My church has embarked on it's annual 21 day fast. For me, that means no coffee (ouch!), no meat, fruits and vegetables only. No tv shows (ouch! ouch!), etc. More quiet time with God is a good thing. Less distractions in my life is a great thing. I think the diet change will make a difference in my 30 day shred progress. Ya'll pray for a sister. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment