Wednesday, January 12, 2011

30 Day Shred - Day 10

Well friends, I am happy to report I am one third of the way through with the 30-Day Shred. I know the question is what comes after the 30-Day Shred, but please...let's not get ahead of ourselves. You'll be excited to know my total weight loss today, 10 days in, is 3 whopping pounds. Three of them bad boys kicked the dust. Whooop Whoop!

I have even more encouraging news to report today. Yesterday in need of some paper for writing, I pulled out a notebook that I had begun using last July. To give you the background, last July on a particularly fed-up day, I began exercising. I maintained 3 days a week of doing some type of cardio and weight training and was journaling about my schedule and weight loss. Looking back on that, and where I was on July 13, revealed that I was 10 pounds heavier than I was just 10 days ago when I started the 30 Day Shred. So, can I count that other ten pounds in my weight loss here? Nah, guess that would be cheating. I'll stick with the three pounds for now, but I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised to see this number staring back at me from the page and not remembering misplacing those ten pounds at any time during the year.

I was doing really well from July until round about October. Once it turned cold, this old girl wasn't having it. One thing I can not do is wake up at 5:30am and go outside in the dark, AND in the cold. Two of the three yucks, the early morning rise and going outside, I can swallow. But add the cold in, forget about it. Just couldn't do it. Regardless, it means I was ten pounds lighter starting out ten days ago and a smaller number than I was less than a year ago. Yay, me! Since I have finished day 10, tomorrow I start level 2 of the 30 Day Shred. Did I forget to mention that? This delightful video has three levels. I've been at the beginner workout for 10 days. Now it's time to graduate to level 2. Gulp. Pray for me...

Our church starts a new small group study tonight, on the book of Hebrews. It's all about building those spiritual muscles (get that?). I'm really looking forward to starting it and since our church has kicked off 2011 with such a great start, a great vibe in the air and with really great people, this small group study is also kicking off in a good atmosphere. I'm pretty excited to dig in. Hey, we are just some muscle building folks around here. Spiritual muscles, physical muscles. We are on a roll.

I couldn't leave you today without giving you a Copeland-funny. Last night at the dinner table the Hub let everyone know the church was going to embark on its annual 21 day fast starting next Monday. "Everyone will be fasting something, guys. Doesn't have to be food. You pray about what you want to do," says the Hub. People threw some ideas out there, and Bball Girl pipes up, "Okay, dad. I'll do it! But I am NOT fasting my school's cinnamon buns. No Way. They are so good." Hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment