Friday, August 6, 2010

Wind Whipped Right Outta Me

Whew, friends! What an exhausting 6 or so days it's been. Friday I made the bold, daring and rather insane decision to cut out coffee. Gasp! Friends, hold on to your hearts here. I'm doing fine. As well as can be expected in such a situation as this. Sure enough, Saturday my head felt like I had put it between my kids' energy and pushed "go".

By Saturday night I was sick, sick, sick, I tell ya. By Monday I was out of work, home sleeping and slept through about three days of life. I didn't truly come back to reality until Wednesday. What an amazing experience. Folks, to be in and out of consciousness and not really know what's happening around you...strange. Really strange. I still have the lingering cough that has attached itself to my heart apparently and won't go away even under severe threats. It keeps me up at nights and makes me ever-so-annoying to my work friends. All I can say, people, is thank God I'm married. My children truly would have been answering the door in underwear and giving themselves haircuts had it been left up to me.

Glad to say I'm back upon the land of the living. The Hub was calling me Lazarus for a few days; surprised that I had resurrected so pleasantly. I'm praying mightily that no one else in the home should suffer so. Call me crazy, but I really do put a lot of blame on the coffee withdrawal. Like my body rebelled against my wise decision by sticking it to me something awful.

Good news is, I'm recuperating. The Hub took care of business, not that I would expect any less. He checked on me every few hours (a memory that is fleeting but I'm certain is real) just to make sure I was still breathing. Kids are all accounted for, haircuts in tact, fully clothed and life goes on.

Favorite Youngest moment of the past week:

Youngest: "Mom, we should live with grandma."
Me: "Why?"
Youngest: "Because she lives all alone and that's sad."
Me: "No, she lives with Horse Granddaughter. She's not all alone."
Youngest: thinking intently, pauses and then..."Nah, we should ask her. I think she wants us to live there."

Friends, I'm certain even though my mother loves me immensely, she does NOT want all six of us moving into her crizzo. Now that friends, would send her into something much worse than my ailing body suffered this past week. She just might hit coma-status!

No comments:

Post a Comment