Friday, August 13, 2010

4 in 1

The emails are trickling in and the excitement is building. Our sports season is about to be upon us. You know how we Copelands do it, lots of sports means lots to blog about! I'm so excited friends, about this upcoming season. Brace yourself...we'll have four playing in one season. Let me get your good and ready:

Oldest, as you may know, never stopped working out from last football season. Completed all the off-season workouts and non-mandatory conditioning and here we are at August when the actual real season has arrived. The Chantilly football team is now doing their "two-a-days". For my friends that are not sports enthusiasts that simply means two practices a day. I'll try to break it down for you whenever I can. That said, I can't give you play-by-plays of the game because I don't actually know how to play. Nevertheless, in a few short weeks there I will be on Friday nights, sitting in the stands, rooting for that big guy. His arms measure the second biggest of anyone on the team and he says the dude with the biggest doesn't count because he's just sloppy. So my big guy will be out there, hopefully doing some big things. And prayerfully, some college football team somewhere will notice him and invite him to come chat. You better believe I will be specifically praying for this before each and every game. God tells us to pray specifically, and that's what I intend to do.

I've gotten an email about Soccer Chick's season. This year they will be playing girls from other leagues. This takes the soccer game to a whole other level. No more house league team against same house league team. It means no more local playing fields every week, so a bit more travel for us but it also means a higher level of competition and skill. That same email asked for coaches as they have found themselves short. I wish that I could transport my brother-in-law, known as Cute Husband on my sister's blog (www.). I know that he would be a fantastic coach. Since he lives a whopping two hours away, I couldn't sign him up. I am confident they don't want me to coach. That, friends, would be disasterous. As you know I get way too emotionally involved in game time. I am much better suited for the sidelines.

Haven't heard anything about Baseball Chick yet. I am certain we will be hearing soon. I'm guessing she will be on a team with all boys again. And that will be just fine with her. Hopefully with a coach that gives me plenty to blog about.

And the most exciting news...Youngest is officially registered to play on his first team. If you know him, you know this is major. The boy is a balled up container of energy, running on maximum constantly. I can foresee him leading the ball and scoring multiple goals in each game. I look forward to keeping you updated on this guy. He's excited to have a jersey with a real number. He's such an old soul in a little guy's body. When I told him he was registered, he took it in stride...."When do I start practice?" As if he's David Beckham or something. At this age, there's no such thing; just games on Saturdays. But the little man intends to do business on the field so we won't stand in his way.

So yes, folks, we will have four teams to juggle during one 3 month period. Ya'll pray for us that we can manage the scheduling. We're praying for not too much overlapping and a miracle of scheduling that allows us to balance the three youngest's games on Saturdays. All things are possible with God...even this!

No comments:

Post a Comment