Monday, August 30, 2010

It's On The Way

The Hub was honored to be given the opportunity to preach at a friend's church in Charlottesville this past Saturday. This was just "right" on so many levels. The kids stayed home, so it was a lot like a date for us. Two hours in the car; I stayed awake; lots of convo and quality time. The service was delightful and the Hub's message was entitled "It's On The Way". He preached about Hannah and how she prayed, fasted and wailed before God for Him to fulfill the desires of her heart...give her a son. God remembered her prayer and gave her a son, Samuel.

The Hub encouraged the congregation to keep focused and choose to believe that "It's On The Way". Just keep praying and believing and don't give up too quickly. I was there as the supportive pastor's wife. But let me tell you friends, God was speaking to me too. As church planters, there are lots of discouraging days. We don't see the things happening that we think should be happening. We pray, we work, we love and we wait for the results to come through. It's a tough, lonely road. Yet, I sat there listening to the Hub preach and thought, "thanks God. You are taking this one small moment to encourage me to keep praying, believing and NOT give up." God is faithful and I want to be too.

This morning I decided to hit the vending machine for a cup of spiced Chai. I've cut out coffee. No worries friends, I have not murdered anyone or broken any furniture or children. I've detoxed from my coffee habit pretty nicely so far. In any case, wanted something nice and hot this morning so I hit the machine. As my cup is brewing, the digital reader on the vending machine is scrolling the following message: "It's On The Way." Just like that. I love when God confirms His message. I love when I am alert enough to see it (it is Monday after all). I love that He has told me not once, but twice, in the last three days, that He has not forgotten me and my prayers. I'll keep praying, folks. Ya'll do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment