Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Just Plain Cute

I love to share with you the authentic antics of Youngest. His thought processes really do amaze me. Last night I am catching up on emails at my desk. Doing the whole distracted parent thing when Youngest comes in to show me two small cuts on his wrist. In his most "I'm amazed and appalled" voice he says "Mom! Look at these two cuts on my wrist!" I ask him where they came from, without even looking at them. You know how moms can do it. He responds by saying "I don't know. But do you know what will help them get better? Gum. White gum in a container," as he eyes the white gum in a container on my desk.

Needless to say I stopped typing and looked down at him as he presented me with his most innocent - or "I'm trying to look innocent" face. "Really mom. Seriously." Needless to say he got the gum.

On another note, have you checked out my sister's blog? www.fromcvillewithlove.blogspot.com. She is simply the most amazing and creative person I know. She recently completed a trade show for her jewelry (yes, folks, that she makes and sells) and posted pictures of her booth. I've always been amazed and proud of her. But I must confess reading her post this morning brought tears to my eyes. I couldn't put a finger on any particular reason why I would be feeling more emotional than normal so I'm pretty confident in saying her booth looked that amazing. I was really having a hard time saying this was created by my younger sister. NOT that she is not capable. But totally because this is seriously talented stuff. Like famous-people kind of stuff. If you have time check out her photos and her blog post. She is a funny gal and you will enjoy the reading.

1 comment:

  1. aw, you're the best, sis :) i'm finally catching up on my google reader and of course "makings of me" is my first blog to catch up on! thanks for the shout out. love you lots.

    ReplyDelete