Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Yesterday afternoon I get a phone call at work from Soccer Chick. "Mom! You have got to stop with these yard signs! Enough already." I promise you I had no idea what she was talking about. Apparently some mysterious Chantilly fan went around and delivered yard signs (like the kind my realtor husband uses) that say "Go Chargers. 6-0. We're on a Thunder Roll." So that you understand the reference, when the mighty chargers are walking from the locker room to the field for a game, they walk down an open corridor between two tennis courts. Aka...Thunder Alley. There is always some crazy "Thunder" song playing and it does the trick in getting everyone, including the boys super hyped. Thus, the "Thunder Roll" sign in my yard. Containing my excitement over the phone, I calmly and sweetly told my darling Soccer Chick, that while, yes, I did purchase the first yard sign, a beautiful flag with my boy's varsity jersey number on it, I did not purchase this additional sign. But I am sure am excited it's there.

When Oldest returned home from football practice he promptly scooped it up and carried it to his room. To our perplexed expressions, he states: "I don't like cocky parents." The boy takes shy and stay in the background to a whole new level. Okay, we shrug. Whatever you want. It's about support, but take how you want. Hey, I didn't pay for the sign, so if he doesn't want it there...cool. After all eyes are closed and sleeping is ensuing, we hear the garage door open. Oldest puts the sign back. Some things we just need a moment to wrap our head around to be comfortable with. Most of all, I'm just glad to see others equally pumped so the Hub can lessen the fun-making of me!

So this game on Friday is big. As in REALLY big. The opposing team is also 6-0. They are, apparently, being carried by their running back who is single-handily racking up wins for them. If Chantilly wins, not only does that put them at 7-0 (which is amazing) but it also breaks the winning streak of the only other team in the Concorde district. The game is sure to be packed as the excitement mounts. You just might hear us cheering from where you sit on Friday night. If it's not at the Chantilly-Centreville game you are missing out! Friends, Centreville is going downnnn. Does that sound "cocky"?

No comments:

Post a Comment