Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Guys, perhaps I didn't do a bang up job describing how fun this weekend was. As I have been reminiscing over the last few days I realized in my blog post I left out the perfectly timed disgruntled answer of my in-her-90s grandma griping that she only had 5 minutes to write something to my mother. Really? You've known her for 60 years. You need more than 5 minutes to say what you love about her? Classic and yet, still amazing.

I also left out Youngest rolling on the floor in genuine glee. Something like this:
Just that good old, belly-aching kind of fun. I also left out how neat it was to sit with my favorite aunt (only aunt? - never mind that...FAVORITE) and chat about stuff. Just chat about nothing and everything. With the Hub standing nearby, eyes just a rollin' as we discussed some tv shows that have captured our hearts.
Speaking of which, I want to advise you that if you haven't already, you might want to check out Modern Family. Few shows make me chuckle out loud but this one does. The Office always has, and will continue to but Modern Family is quickly becoming a favorite. My facebook post last night was so good. Classic mom response to raising pre-teens and teens. The mom, Claire, is hilarious. Check this show out. I think you won't regret it.
The last thing I want to tell you today may weigh heavily on your heart. As we get into this school year, I am starting to think there is a conspiracy to make me suffer. It's October, people. OCTOBER. And we have already received senior pictures, of which we get the supreme delight of paying what amounts to a car payment to see his smiling face plastered largely around the house. And last night, he plopped, literally plopped, down a package for graduation announcements. Um...it's OCTOBER. Took my poor breath right away. Just sucked it right out of me. Good grief...really? We have to begin our savings for another bit of what amounts to a car payment for graduation announcements...already? It's OCTOBER!
Alas, senior year is here. Did I mention that when he was doing that plopping of that said graduation announcement package I was busy at my desk working with the three others on what we want to submit for his yearbook senior ad. You know, that space in the back of the book where you get to submit all sorts of embarrassing kid pictures of him and write something sappy. I asked Youngest what he wanted to say and he said "hmmm...let me think about it." as he thumped his head with his pointer finger. "Well, I think I want to say he is the one who broke up my drum set when I was 2. Now that my birthday is soon...in like 40 days...I think I need a new drum set." Does it matter that this is not true? That what really happened is Youngest, with his engineering mind, figured out how to unscrew the bolts and stick toys inside the drums, poke holes into the drums, and otherwise literally beat the seat to death? I guess that doesn't much matter when he's looking towards his 40 day away birthday. It's actually just next month but the boy loves the number 40, apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment