Monday, February 14, 2011

To Be Completely Fair...

I would love to NOT post about this past weekend's basketball game. Sometimes silence is golden and this would be one of those treasured moments. But, friends. that wouldn't be right. I have to tell you the best of times and the worst of times. Our undefeated 8 year old girls team has lost a game. Sigh...

I think I may be partially to blame. Pre-game I coached Bball Girl by telling her that her team needed to put points on the board fast. They were facing a good team and if they could score early that would give them an advantage. Um. I have learned my lesson. NEVER tell Bball Girl to do anything fast. She comes out of the box at lightening speed on a slow day. This was disastrous. She turned over the ball no less than five times. Basically every time she got her hands on the ball she lost it. She tripped over the ball, her own feet, an opposing player, teammates. You name it. She lost control. The poor girl was trying to go so fast she couldn't even think straight. Our family and her coaches on the sidelines yelling for her to slow down made no impression. Her team put up a good fight and overall they whole team just played a little poorly. They all had difficulty making their shots. We ended with a 12-13 loss. The other team didn't play that hot either, thus the incredibly low final score.

Our record stands at 6-1-1. Still an outstanding season so far. Don't worry friends, I have learned my lesson. Mum is the word! I will not be telling Bball Girl to do a single thing next game. Not a peep. Oh my...

No comments:

Post a Comment