Friday, February 25, 2011

Have Faith

Over three weeks ago Oldest lost his wallet. While the world was in despair with him, we searched all over. Could be it dropped outside, could be it was in his friend's car, could be he left it at his girlfriend's house? Goodness. In the process of interrogating him about where it could be I told him to pray, God would show him exactly where it was.

Being a 17 year old who knows everything and only believes what he can see, he wasn't too confident that praying about the wallet's location would change anything. I explained to him that when I loose big and small things I make it a habit to pray that God direct me to it. I lost my wedding ring about six months ago. Gasp! Seriously. Took it off to do something, put it in my pocket. Later on in the day, reached in my pocket and my gold band was gone.

Now friends, this was really a sad moment in my life. The ring was nowhere to be found. I searched everywhere and couldn't find it. I told The Hub and he searched, and he cleaned. He loves to clean and I thought for sure when he did that my beautiful band would be found. I mean, how does one lose a wedding band??? This is a custom made band that fits into the grooves of my engagement ring. It could not be replaced.

I did the one thing I knew how to do...pray. I prayed that God would show me where my ring was. Friends, months went by. Months! Even though I couldn't see it and didn't know where it was I knew that one day I'd find it. A long time after I lost it I got a beautiful email from The Hub. It was filled with flowery words about how special our 13 years of marriage were, and on and on. I smiled reading it, thinking this is so sweet. The punch line at the end of this email was..."and I found your ring." The Hub found it when cleaning out our storage room! Hiding behind a wood pole, there it was. Almost swept up into the trash and there The Hub found it. Overjoyed was I! I knew it was somewhere in the house, but it was in a room I didn't even recall being in on the day I lost it.

So my Youngest losing his wallet was to me, yet another opportunity for God to work. I told him over and over again, God has that wallet somewhere sitting waiting for him. No one stole it, no one took the money inside, the bank card is safe. I just knew that this was the case. That lost wallet incident took place over three weeks ago and just yesterday Oldest tells me that his friend found his wallet along the floorboard of his car. The friend's car has been at the mechanic's for a few weeks so, in essence, God was holding that wallet in a safe place for a period of time. The wallet was found, untouched, money intact, bank card unmoved.

Friends, God is good. The moral of this story is to have some faith. Especially for those things that over time seem like they will not be resolved in the way you hope. Having a peace about it and trusting that God will resolve it is a mighty tool in your arsenal to face this world we live in. Be encouraged, God is working and has a plan. Let Him work out His plan while you rest comfortably in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment