Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Whole New World

I entered the world of Skyp-ing yesterday. You techies will probably tell me I spelled that wrong. I Skyped my sissie first. Well, okay. She's the only person I know who Skyes. Soccer Chick, hunched over my shoulder, equally as impressed as I, informed me that our summer babysitter Skypes. Uh, no not so much. Don't think I'm gonna Skype her.

What an experience. Totally crazy. I know I am years behind this being exciting. But for us little old Copelands this was hot news yesterday. Once again, the Hub wasn't home to rain reality on my fancy-dancy parade. So Soccer Chick and I checked it all out! After making some kind of fools of ourselves we pretty much figured out. I think we actually squealed when the favorite Uncle entered the screen. And who knew he could do the same silly hand moves as the Youngest?Now...the question is who can we get to get on there to have fun with us???

On another note, the Hub asks me yesterday if I think Youngest would be the same personality on TV as he is in person. You know, like would he be shy or freeze up? Hmmm, I think, not so much. If I could bottle and package this guy up I would. I swear I would. I would be so rich. There is nothing else like him. Charming, way too good-looking, funny, quick witted, athletic. I know they say we're in trouble in the future between his social life and the girls swooning. But I am thinking sooner than that the boy is destined for super stardom. I'm not one of those crazy "discover my kid" moms, so God will just have to open the right doors without any help from me. If it's meant to be, it will be. But in the back pocket of my mind, I can totally see him on TV somewhere. Totally.

You know Oldest is, what, 2 months away from senior year. I have been gearing you and myself up to be ready for the heartache and the sorrow of his being old enough to get out of my house. And yet, it's not quite shaping up to be that way. I may have to put him out sooner. He's "smelling himself" as the old people would say. All of a sudden (maybe his 17th birthday did it?) he's Mr. Big Shot. I'm laughing now, but goodness knows I may not make it through senior year and it might not be for the reason I think. He just might drive me crazy enough...

So, if you read this get on Skype! A simple web cam and you too can join in the Copeland love. When Hub called on his way home from work I was so thrilled to inform him of all the computer stuff I fixed up on my own. And to be fair to me, it was way more than just a webcam. I had to transfer one computer to another computer, basically. I did it all on my own. God was smiling at me and as I began this hefty project, miraculously the neighbor kids rang the doorbell. They wanted our kids to come to their house! Unheard of. Must be someone else wasn't available. Nonetheless, it was just the peace and quiet I needed to complete the tasks ahead of me. Back to my call, I tell the Hub and he pauses and says "just what you needed. Another toy." My thoughts exactly! Although I think when I thought it and he said it, the tone was completely different for some odd reason!!!

Friday Night Lights fan, do you think I can Skye my Dillon friends? OOOhhh, could you imagine!?! I would have a very serious conversation with Tim. "Riggins, what are we doing with your life here, buddy." And Vince, oh Vince. I don't want to turn this blog into my obsession with FNL, so let's just say it's a good thing I can't Skype these folks.

Lastly, I mentioned that classic picture of almost my entire family that was captured just before vacation, remember? I ordered an 8x10 of that bad boy! Wow. It's beautiful. Even with Soccer Chick looking pissed off and Baseball Chick looking confused. Youngest was grinning and Oldest was wearing that "you have GOT to be kidding me" look. Even with all that, this was an incredible picture. I can't wait to frame it and hang it somewhere that everyone who enters my house can enjoy. Come by so you can see it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment