Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I've Been Played

I am seriously thinking of changing Youngest blog name to Cutest. He is seriously the cutest thing ever, at a grand old age of 4. Did you know that he is smarter than you? Just ask him and he will confirm it. He is, in fact, smarter than all of us...or so he thinks.

Youngest: "Mom. I'm soooooooo hungry. Like really, really hungry. My stomach is telling my brain it's hungry."
Me: "Really, because you just had a snack and daddy's making dinner. So you're good."
Youngest: "Mom, I love you. I really, really, reallyyyyyyyyy love you."

Atthis point Youngest has climbed all over the top of my head it feels like and is hanging from me like a koala bear on a limb. And I am receiving kisses full of love and commitment and dedication.

Me: "Youngest! Are you trying to make me change my mind about your snack?"
Long pause, as those fantastic kisses take a pause break. I'm not really wondering why the sudden stop here folks. He just thinks he's smarter than everyone else.

Youngest: "Yes, mom. Because I really, really, really need a snack."
Me: "Okay, go ahead."

And poof, just like that, fast as he came in the room, he is gone from the room. The boy can work some charm. Innocent enough at 4 years of age. Let's fast forward to 9, 12 or 15. We're in trouble folks. Big, big trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment