Thursday, September 22, 2011

She Did/Said What???

Raising a very handsome little boy has its drawbacks. One way would have to be that the poor boy is getting marriage proposals in Kindergarten. You read it right. Kindergarten. In a very nonchalant manner, Youngest politely informed me that one of his classmates told him she wants to marry him. Now for me, it wasn't a "Pass the bread. How was your day. By the way...a girl wants to marry me." Oh no. Make no mistake. For me it was, screeching on brakes, red flag waving, stopping dead in my tracks "what!?!" Followed by a whole slew of "who is this girl. What does she look like?" And more importantly..."Who. Is. Her. Mama?" That one said through pinched lips and gritted teeth.

Turns out this little blonde bombshell is quite fond of my Youngest. Not that I blame her. He's a cutie, and he's only five. But, marriage? Really? What makes a five year even think like that? I guess she knows what she likes. Could this be the start of a long public school career that includes girls swooning, year after year? I have a feeling this little boy is going to keep me very, very busy.

In fact, I have to keep my eyes on all these Copeland children. There continues to be not a dull moment amongst them. This morning, while searching for a snack from the pantry, Bball Girl shuts herself in there, with strict instructions for no one to join her for a moment. While we sat looking bewildered, she re-entered the kitchen with a bag of snack cookies. Knowing that entire box was finished a few days ago, we wondered where in the world she had hidden that. "Really, Bball Girl? It's like that? You have taken to hiding snacks." With a very confident look on her face, she announced, "Mom, yes. I HAVE to do that." I would say it's a competitive world out there, but apparently, friends, it's a competitive world in here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment