Monday, September 12, 2011

Copeland-isms

Nowhere in my custom-designed prayer list could I have thought to even ask God to give me such funny, clever, witty children. Thought today I would share some of their funny ways of expressing what they think they know...

"Mom, I want to wear my diarrhea of a whippy-kid shirt." That would be Youngest asking for his Diary of A Wimpy Kid t-shirt.

"Can you turn the water on? My hands are slippy." Youngest, requesting help for what his soapy hands can not do.

"So...who's your partner in your door?" Bball Girl inquiring, via text message, who is the roommate in the dorm of our college friend Camila.

"Why's Soccer Chick always trying to look so pretty all the time," says Bball Girl as she shows her disdain across her face. "What's wrong with that," I ask. "She's not Mrs. Obama, mom! Gosh." "So," I say. "I try to look pretty too." "Mom! You're a mom. You can't walk around looking dirty all the time."

"Mom, I have toothpaste on my body," reports Youngest to me. "I tried water, my hands and more toothpaste but I can't get it off." Youngest leans in for a big sappy hug. "So, I was thinking...can I just brush my teeth really, really, really good in the morning and we'll just forget about tonight?

Doorbell rings. 2nd time in one day that our neighbor children have come to call on Youngest to come out and play. Soccer Chick gets the door and looks at me for a yes or no. Youngest looks longingly at me, "Mom, can we just re-do what we already did today. You know how the doorbell rings. You answer and say yes that I can go outside if my sister goes to. And then she goes and then I play. Can we just do that all over again?"

No comments:

Post a Comment