Monday, November 29, 2010

Heavy Hearts

With great sadness, I write to tell you Oldest and his team suffered a huge loss on Saturday. The end of his youth football days came to a crashing halt as we all sat dumbfounded in the stands. Lake Braddock is amazing. I think we kind of figured that out on play 1 of the game when our quarterback fumbled the ball. Could it be his nerves were ruffled at the size of the opposing team? Good golly. These boys were huge. To say they were huge is an understatement. Oldest and his crew hardly had a chance. We would have needed a miracle. And as I sat in the stands praying for God's favor on our spectacular team, I was sure enough praying for a miracle. Yet, it wouldn't be in God's plan that way. So our boys lost a sad 59-18. I'm even surprised we got those 18 points. By the looks of our creaming, I don't know when or where we earned those 18. Perhaps they ran the touchdowns for us, just to help us out. It was bad, friends. Really bad.

Oldest handled it with the utmost character and poise. His team was saddened, a little shaken at the sudden end to their football careers, but resigned to the state of things, and ready to move forward. Next chapter: getting Oldest into college. Goodness, just shoot me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment