Monday, November 15, 2010

Full Speed Ahead

Well friends, if you haven't friended me on Facebook then you don't know Oldest and his team had a big win Friday night. What an exciting game. I inadvertently even punched my oldest daughter in her prescious arm during a particularly lively moment. It was that intense! I was blessed enough to have my dear, sweet baby sister in attendance and her dear-sweet husband by her side. What a game, what a game!

Our outstanding defense held Westfields to 0 points. A big, fat "goose egg," as Oldest likes to refer to it. We won 7-0. I was confident in our defense holding these boys back, but a little concerned about our offense scoring. Finally we got a touchdown on the board and a anxiety-ridden mama could exhale. I was texting my mother updates along the way. Love that she wanted to know. It's nice that someone else jumps in my mini-obsession besides me. Besides that, we are all rooting for them to make it to the State Championship game and get the chance to play in my hometown of Charlottesville. How completely cool would that be? If you are in the Charlottesville vicinity, you WILL be invited.

Best part of the game for me would have to be that my guy had a big job to do: push back two dudes. Have you seen high school football-playing boys lately? They don't come small, particularly if they are on the line. So here my boy is holding his ground, pushing two boys back, getting in there for tackles. An extremely good game for him, for sure. He was thrilled when he got home. Just kept repeating: "We beat Westfield, Rach. We beat Westfield." This game had the boys on edge. This was the one they had a second thought of maybe this win is questionable. They believed in their strengths, but there is major rivalry between these these two teams. This was a big one.

Great news is we are on to round 2 of the playoffs. This Friday's game is a match up against Centreville. Now this is just too perfect, friends. Remember, weeks ago in regular season when I blogged all about the referree issues with this game? It has been all over the sports news articles and open forums. It's well-known that the regular season went to Centreville by the direction of the referee and their ridiculous calls. So here we are, set to face them again. The ones who broke our winning streak. The game we should have won. We can't wait to tear them up. Oldest is so fired up about this. I feel sorry for the other team. The desire of our Chargers to chew up these Wildcats and spit them out is extreme.

Soccer Chick ended out her season with a fabulous win in the early morning hours of Saturday. Her team won 4-1 with 3 of those fine goals scored by Soccer Chick herself. We advanced to the second game with a loss of 3-1. I'm not sure how it happened, but three less-than-powerful goals just crept their way right on into our goal. Ah well, I am confident Soccer Chick is happy for the season to be over. Put this one to bed, I say. What will these three youngest children do with themselves on Saturdays for the next few months...Why, drive their mother crazy, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment