Friday, September 10, 2010

Fall Sports Weekend

Well friends, the weekend has essentially arrived and we are in full swing with these kids and their sports. Don't think you hear a pinch of resentment there. I love it! I love that each of them is so athletic and so involved and invested in each of their activities. Truthfully, I think I love the being the "sports mama" better. I think that's what really lights my fire. Getting to act like a complete idiot on the sidelines without consequence is just so...gratifying!

Oldest has the 2nd game of the season tonight. Naturally, excited about that. Before that however, we get to do the mad family dash. Baseball Chick has her first baseball practice. May I digress for a moment? Why did she get placed on a team that practices on Wednesday nights when I specifically indicated on her registration that this is the one day she could NOT practice. And as it would be, she is also placed on a team with kids from an entirely different school. How to arrange a carpool for her to attend practice has boggled my mind. I'm still hopeful this situation is going to get resolved in our favor. I'll keep you posted on that. I know you don't want to read about my frustration with baseball all season long. Hopefully they will do us both a favor and work this thing out!

So the mad dash will be this evening getting Baseball Chick to that practice on the wrong team and then straight over to the football field for Friday Night Lights! And then Saturday arrives...Thankfully Baseball Chick does not have a game this week. Somehow things were aligned in my favor on this one. However, Soccer Chick will travel to Warrenton (good grief!) for her first game of the season. At the same time, in another part of the universe Youngest will have his first soccer game of his life. Can I tell you how ecstatic this boy is? I handed him the uniform this morning. He's number 6 in a red jersey, red shorts and fire red socks. Boy, you couldn't have peeled that smile of his face. He says he will be making 5 goals tomorrow. I'll let you know. Not sure which way the Hub and I will go on Saturday; we'll have to split up for sure since both soccer games occur at the same time. Oh to be so torn. To go to Youngest very first game or the oh-so-exciting Soccer Chick's games. Hmmm...what's a girl to do? I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment