Friday, May 21, 2010

With the busy, busy life of me, I have few serious pleasures. Like things, that I put other things aside for, that I can blatantly say this is just for me, not for the kids, not for the hubby, not for the church...One of those fine things is Grey's Anatomy. I love this show. And because life just works out so perfectly sometimes, hubby wasn't home until the last 10 minutes of the show. I only had to endure one "Seriously rach? It's just a show..." I forgive him for not getting it...

You will have a hard time convincing me that these people are not part of my life. And surely, after last night's season finale, I am in a state of grieving over the loss and trauma experienced. We suffered something terrible last night. I am a pitiful crier. I cry at every single episode of Extreme Home Makeover...at the beginning! When they are in the bus introducing the receipient family to the designers, I'm done. Tears are flowing. The only one left in my home who doesn't ridicule me for my ever-present emotions is the youngest. I love him for it. But I also am giving him time, knowing he'll catch up.

Yet, last night, I was so engrossed in this season finale I couldn't even cry. That's major. Not one tear fell until Percy was dying. Wow... I floated from my tv to my computer to update my shock on my very important fb page and other than that, forgot to breathe, mostly. Literally forgot to breathe. My ever-so-loving 16 year old threw his disappointment and disgust at my behavior around like a wet rag. "It's just a tv show Rach, jeez". Says the boy who is engrossed in his facebook, with 68 people online at once and active chats going with 7 of them. Yup, I'll take my fantasy over your reality. And for the record, it is NOT just a tv show people. It's an hour, of friends who are kind enough to let me into their lives. Thanks, guys. I appreciate our time together.

Last night has got to take the top slot for all time best season finales. Bailey is amazing. "Where is the water coming from"..."You're crying". Priceless. And her breakdown at the elevators was truly, exactly the despair she was feeling. Trying to reconcile herself to reality and not being happy about it at all. Alex was extremely pissed at being shot. Love the rough edges on that guy. My new fav is Jackson Avery. People, the man is not only good-looking but smart. He saved the day. I knew it when he told Meredith to shut up. I could go on and on. This show ended the season with a bang, literally. Sorry, couldn't resist that...

There were so many good (correction-great) moments, I can't begin to list them here. If my tv had a camera and could play back me, it would be embarrassing. My night consisted of wide-eyes, covered eyes, gasps, covered mouth, "noooooooo. no. no. no. not him. Don't shoot him. Oh no! Not her. Oh no, no, no. Don't die, don't dieeeeee!", hand over heart, hand over gut-wrenched stomach, sitting on the floor, standing in front of the tv, sitting on the couch, sitting on the bed. I just can't convey to you what an awesome 2 hours this was last night. So glad for my little ridiculous, special pleasures.

Now...don't be fooled. Nothing takes the place of Friday Night Lights. Nothing. Don't get me started. Tonight is Friday. Oooo. I'll be flying out of Seattle today (only in spirit, guys) and I'll be in Texas tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment