Wednesday, May 26, 2010

well guys, i've bitten the bullet and have started watching the Lost series. Now before you either groan or cheer, know that I had no interest in moving towards this venture. I can say that in all it's tv history I've never watched even 5 minutes of the show. Nothing about a crashed airplane or surviving on an island interests. In fact, there might be some fears wrapped up in my huge "no" to that idea. And now the series has ended. I've seen posts of facebook, internet news articles, etc with everyone's take on how the series ended, and thought I should get a piece of this.

What was I thinking? I have finished episode 3 and discovered some necessities for watching. Number 1: the finger is steadily hovering over the mute button. Seriously. I can't watch the jungle scenes with any kind of background music. Kudos to the musicians for the show. They did a superb job in scaring me. It didn't take long before I found my way to that mute button and stayed there. Literally. Even the introduction music to the show is the sound that I think I would hear after my plane crashed and broken metal was left floating in the air. Super scary.

Yet, this super smart gal decides to keep watching. I like the beach scenes. I think that keeps me going. Can't they just stay on the beach? Goodness. If I was on that island I would never, ever...ever, ever leave that beach. In fact, I'm confident I would sit perched with my back to the ocean, facing the jungle so I could see whatever was coming for me.

If you've seen it, then NO comments below! Although I tried to read several finale recaps, it never happened. So, I'll keep watching, but only in the daylight, and only with my finger on the mute button, poised and ready. Ah, jeez. What have I gotten myself into. Did I need more friends in trouble and with such drama in their lives? Goodness...

1 comment:

  1. I adore that girl and will try to do my part in answering her prayer lol :)

    ReplyDelete