Monday, January 30, 2012

Zumba, If I Please

I'm calling it fate that I just so happened to run across this tiny, tiny little ad for a zumba class. It caught my eye because it said the class was located in Chantilly. Great, I thought, near to me. It also held my attention because it wasn't at a gym. Excellent, I thought, no membership fees. Apparently this god-send of a Zumba instructor rents a room from a preschool on Mondays and Wednesday evenings to get her Zumba on. Say what? I'm SO in there.

Now, I do have a long-standing Wednesday evening commitment. Bible study can't be cancelled, skipped or rescheduled. Can you imagine? "Where's the pastor's wife?" Oh. She's at Zumba class. Nah, Wednesdays are out. But I am so looking forward to Monday. That's today!

I did what any brave girl would do. I texted a bunch of my friends and rallied them into coming along. What is it about human nature that makes some of us bold to the ends of the earth and some of us need a crowd of support to take one step forward? That would be me. I have no less than 4 friends who gave me the "sure, I'll do it!" I'm so proud of them. They are so brave!

Tonight we will venture over to this location and check out Miss Zumba-Girl. Some of my friends think they will literally die. Others are excited about the fun opportunity for weight loss. I just like to dance and in my old age have seemed to have misplaced my rhythm. If I had it once I know I can find it again. It's buried beneath layers of...well, something. All the time I conjure up images of little old me in middle school, jamming to some popular tune, at the school talent show and hearing my rhythm-full friends remark at how that "little white girl" danced her butt off. Believe it. True story. Not shaded by memory glaze. But, alas, over the years my mind and my body and especially my feet have settled. Not quite as agile as I used to be and a far scream from a "dancer," I decided this Zumba thing will be a good move.

You know that I will keep you posted. That's if I personally don't die from this one class.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, Mom. This is Leah. I find this so funny. I think you are a really good blogger! You should keep doing stuff like this! So then when you get famous enough I can go meet Justin Bieber. Jk lol. But this is funny, and amazingly good. Keep going(:

    ReplyDelete