Friday, January 27, 2012

Just A Dreamer, Baby

I know I've heard and learned countless times - DON'T eat right before you go to sleep. There's all sorts of hip-hugging reasons to follow that rule. There is also the idea that you tend to dream more when you stuff your face before you snooze. Or maybe it's that you tend to dream crazy stuff when you dine after nine.



All I can tell you my friends, is for me the food isn't the problem, but the crazy dreams are way up there in la-la land. In the last week I've had two crazy dreams that just for chuckles I thought I would share with you. My close friends and family can tell you I am an eccentric soul. I'm a bit different, and I'm okay with sharing that. In my past I've had recurring dreams about my teeth literally being pulled out of my gums because of - wait for it - chewing gum. For years, I've avoided chewing gum at all. Who wants to dream that they are literally stuffing their teeth back in? Ugh. And a big ole' sigh...


I am happy to say I haven't had that dream in years so I've matured a bit, perhaps. I thought I was weird dream free until last week when I had a very vivid dream about being Mariah Carey's best friend




(I already said I'm odd!) and that her hubby left her with her two precious babies for 100 days. Anything significant about 100? I helped Mariah work through her trauma of being alone suddenly, and having twins to care for, and her disappointment in her boo. I was her BFF, I think? (don't worry, I'm laughing too). The end of the dream was Nick returning to her after exactly 100 days and thinking everything was everything. Poor Mariah was so upset and there I was to console her like it was my job. Such an odd soul, am I.


Moving on to my second dream, I'm in New York City with Alicia Keys.

Yes, friends, you can laugh out loud. Alicia jumps on the subway and goes wherever she is going and I leave my own family standing in the dust as I try to chase her. They were with me but they couldn't keep up. So I left them. Left them. I tried to jump subway trains and get to where she was going and always seemed to be a step behind. Suddenly Alicia jumps on a super fast racing motorcycle and zooms away. Don't ask how I caught up to her. Can she actually drive a motorcycle? Did I? Craziness. When I caught up to her, breathless, and relieved to finally catch her, she chuckles and tells me that was all part of a scene in a movie she's filming. Oh, well thank goodness for that. I wouldn't have wanted to chase her for nothing.


Having given you my disclaimer about my eccentricity, I must say neither of these celebrities are my personal friends. I couldn't even do one of those "All things lead to Kevin Bacon" kind of diagrams (google it) to try to remotely know anyone who knows anyone that's been in the same air space as Alicia or Mariah. That said, I hadn't seen these ladies on TV or thought about them directly and I have these two extremely random dreams. And no, I hadn't eaten before bed.


What's to blame for this wild life I live in my dreams? I highly doubt I am about to become a member of the celebrity scene, so I'm left with thinking that these old brains of ours are strange things indeed. I know I'm a bit funnier than most when it comes to having strange behavior. I mean, I guess that's true. Or not. Don't all 30-somethings break out in outdated dancing at random household moments when there is no music other than the jams going on in the head alone? Yea, I think that's pretty normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment