Saturday, November 5, 2011

Hidden Treasure...

Friends, this week a co-worker casually mentioned that I should take my pre-teen daughter to that store Plato's Closet. Have you been here? My gosh, where has it been?!? Apparently, as normal, I am the one out of the loop. I checked out their website here, and discovered they are literally in my backyard.

I gave them a ring, and discovered this is a place I have driven by many times. Who knew? Certainly not I. I must confess as I have glanced at it in the past I have always thought this was a rinky-dinky clothing store that will overcharge me for crappy clothing. But oh no. This little treasure buys back teen clothing - only what's hot, friends - and sells it at an unbelievable discount. By "hot" I mean the stuff they want: Abercrombie & Fitch, Old Navy, American Eagle, H&M, Aeropostale, and on and on... Well you know today my Soccer Chick "needed" a winter jacket. Just kidding, this wasn't an "if" shopping trip. This was legit. She needs a jacket. So we hopped in the car and headed over. Less than 2 miles from my house. Wow.

I still stand by my statement you can't tell from the outside what type of clothes are inside. And from the name there is no giveaway revealing that you will never go to the mall and pay retail again if you step inside. But inside. Oh, friends...inside. Unbelievable. I almost started salivating at the sight. Shoes, purses, earrings, and so many clothes. My girl got herself a NorthFace Jacket AND a Baby Phat Jacket...for $50 bucks. Unheard of.

I asked the wonderful saleslady how long this lovely place has been here. Two years. And I have never visited. Are you kidding me? Friends, never take your teenager to a name brand mall store again without visiting Plato's Closet first! That's a command. I couldn't believe the prices and the quality of the clothing, and like I said, it's everything she wants to wear anyway. I am still in shock and that mini-trip was hours ago. I did tell my little girlfriend, "don't get in the store and get to acting crazy, wanting to buy up everything." Had to put that disclaimer out there. It's my one-liner that I give her before every shopping trip. She can out-shop anyone, at any time. Friends, it wasn't her that needed to be worried about. I did walk out with only those two jackets, but you know I was eyeing some boots and a purse or two. I won't get started on the accessories. The workers WILL be getting to know us on a first-name basis. I'll race you there...

No comments:

Post a Comment