Monday, May 9, 2011

Milestone Down...

Well, friends, we conquered a milestone this weekend. Oldest went to prom. It was our first prom as parents. And we did surprisingly well. It was certainly bittersweet. I, you will be happy to know, didn't shed a tear. Oldest was all smiles. In the midst of a difficult senior year, it was really nice to see him happy, mingling with friends, getting ready to enjoy a really important night. As a parent, it's a little bitter to know that your son is growing up...getting into God knows what after prom. I can remember what my after prom plans were. Could his be worse that mine? Well, sadly, his plans could be the same as mine were. Funny how as a parent that feels so much different than it did as a teenager experiencing it. For me, its a little bit of a lot of sad. They have to grow up and you have to let them. But you don't have to like it.

On another note, Soccer Chick had a rocking game on Saturday. Friends, you won't believe it. They won 9-0. Major boost for the team. They started out making attempt after attempt and they just could not hit net. They were too wide, too high, or simply way off. Funny thing is, they dominated this Reston team they played. The entire game was played in their territory. They may have possibly one, maybe two, goal attempts. The girls played exceptionally well. I don't know if The Hub's spirit is contagious or something but all of a sudden he has two die hard dads lined up coaching with him. Three dads, friends. Just sit a minute and try to imagine it. If you can make it to NOVA in the next four weeks you MUST watch one of these games. They are fun to watch. All three are very animated, very involved and very funny. It's turning out to be a great season. Where's the video you wonder? Well, I have found it very hard to live up to my soccer mom antics and hold a video camera. This week, Bball Girl volunteered to video for me. I was all set to get super-involved from the sidelines. Turns out the video camera hadn't been charged. I'm working on it, friends. I want you to be able to enjoy this season with us. I claim no responsibility for the quality of footage you may get with Bball Girl behind the lens...

No comments:

Post a Comment