Monday, December 13, 2010

It's Just A Game

Friends, so happy to relay the positive results of Bball Girl's 2nd basketball game. My friends, I must now admit that I was getting a bit concerned. My girl was developing a nasty habit of being a passer. Every time her hands touched that ball she was looking for a way to get rid of it. Now, mama didn't raise no scaredy cat so I was puzzling as to why she would be demonstrating this fear and intimidation. After several stern talks about being confident on the court, our girl came out and played her heart out. The Fury won 24-16, with four of those delicious points coming from none other than Bball Chick. She was looking hot out there, dipping and diving, dribbling and (finally) shooting.

My favorite scenario is her fast break, dribble up the court and take the shot. With more practice this girl is going to be dangerous. I know you think I am obligated to pump her up just so, and perhaps that's true. But seriously. The hardest part about watching these games is the constant self-reminder to breath deep and remember it's just a game.

With the Christmas season upon us, we have been inundated with the joys of warm fires, happy, cuddly families on the tv screen. They almost always include snow. Youngest would like to know "when's it going to snow in our world?" I'd like to know that too.

And in true Copeland fashion I thought I would create an-around the dinner table fun game last night. "Let's all take a turn saying one thing we love about someone else here." Amidst eye rolls and heavy sighs, I forced these lovely people to participate. Several of my favorite family members were kind enough to choose me. Am I the bomb enough to be so worthy? I couldn't help laughing hysterically. "That was my plan, family. Get some Rach props for my birthday!"
"Cheap move mom," says Bball Girl.
"Yeah mom, that was just dirty," says Soccer Chick.
"Really Rach? Pitiful," says the Hub.
Hey, if we can't have fun, what can we have?

No comments:

Post a Comment