Thursday, December 13, 2012

On Turning 38...

As I celebrate my birthday today, I thought I'd share some random thoughts that express some truths I've learned in my 38 short years. Enjoy
  • Telling my age really doesn't matter. Telling my weight is a whole different story
  • As young as I feel I am, it is possible for  me to have a grown child and a young child at the same time. Sometimes the way I have to deal with them is exactly the same
  • The older I get, the more appreciation I earn
  • There is at least one daily opportunity to share wisdom with others. I try not to miss a day
  • Everyday must include laughter. This way the days that include tears are not quite as hard to bear
  • Give good advice. You're wiser than you know and more people are listening than you think
  • I started running February of this year. I do not enjoy running. I do enjoy races
  • This year I've completed three 5k races so far. The fact that I have not died is amazing
  • It would not be possible to replace The Hub with a more amazing, unique, entertaining soul
  • Prayer works
  • I am the coolest parent I know
  • I have the coolest children I know
  • There is plenty of room to live in fear daily. The unexpected and tragic happens all around us. Not living bound by fear is a choice
  • There are actual women who love football. I, and my two daughters, are three of them
  • I strongly dislike being forced to relearn elementary school math
  • I am seriously blessed. I have an amazing family, a good job, a great life, strong faith and a million and two reasons to be joyful. All year long.

No comments:

Post a Comment