Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Here's The "Skinny" Of It...

So, here's the lowdown on the Zumba saga. Last night I vowed again to try to find this local class and get my Zumba on. Since the previously advertised location was a sudden no-go, this week another location was the place to be. I ventured over to this darkened parking lot, straining my pretty little eyes to try to see the name of the carpet store where this would be held.

I pulled into the extremely dark parking lot to find scattered cars, no people and little light. Picture me hunched over the steering wheel, creeping at about 2 miles an hour, squinting and confused. Somehow I found the store and immediately put on my super-sketchy investigative sensory glasses. A darkened store with some person standing at the inside. Um. I thought to myself, this could be a set up. Some creepy person would surely pay the cost of putting a little ad in the paper saying they do Zumba. "Come on over, you dumb girl, to this darkened store, for some Zumba!" Yikes!

Call me dumb, or call me brave, there I was in the dark. For 3 or 4 seconds I sat in the car wondering if I should really get out. Get out I did, and sauntered up to the darkened door, where now no person was standing. Where did that shadow of a person go? What in the world was I thinking? By the time I got to the door, the lady came back. Turns out she was looking for people who might be trying to find the Zumba spot.

I came in, got acquainted and thankfully my good friend Shay-Shay came along. We positioned ourselves at the back of the back. Like as far back as a girl can stand. Our Zumba instructor, in all her fitness, muscled, toned glory led a great class. This old gal, who has temporarily misplaced her rhythm, was there at the back trying desperately to keep up. It was hard to see her as a more than skinny chick was in front of me. From what I was able to see, I kept up and sweated along. We jammed to wow, I don't know, way too many songs and I went from freezing in a warehouse to sweating my little salsa-ing tail off.

Moral of this story is: Zumba was super-fun, great workout and well worth the risk of being killed by a serial killer in a dark parking lot. Are you local and want to try? Check out Kelly's class at www.gozumbafun.com. I don't advise any of you follow these silly footsteps and go someplace shady, but I do advise that you feel free to take some risks and try something new. I thought I wouldn't be able to walk today. I am more out of shape than some of the ladies in the class that were 2 or more times my size. Goes to show you, use it or lose it. My shape has definitely been lost. Nevertheless, this girl is going to have some hip-shaking fun trying to find it. I'll be back there on that warehouse floor next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment