Monday, July 11, 2011

Just For Fun

Anyone who wants to know why people have kids I have an answer for you. Its just for fun. The pure joy of a kid who does something like this...

Youngest walks into my bedroom while I am changing out of my work clothes. Promptly he looks at me dropping my shorts and says "ewwwww." What's a girl to say to that? I scold him, naturally. I mean, who wants someone to come into their space, uninvited, just to give them something less than a compliment? He ponders my words and quickly unfrowns his face and says "Oh. YAY!" followed by a jubilant clap, clap, clap. "Is that better?" The direct opposite, in his perfect little way of thinking, from the "ewww" comment. You don't get more precious than that.

Perhaps the joy of children is in the way their little minds do think. Youngest couldn't reach the counter for something and being so used to his little coordinated body just hopping up there I told him to do it. I mean, after all, The Hub wasn't in the room to tell him to get down and what's it going to hurt, just hop up there and get what you are after, I say. I know, I know. This revelation is to the disappointment of all those ridiculous moms out there who are sanitary and stringent. Youngest, channeling some of his father for a moment, looks at me shocked and says "MOM! What do you think? I'm over 6 feet tall and 17? I'm not 17. I mean, I could be 17. Then Pnut [his brother] would be 18 and we would be the same. We could hang out. But really. Mom! I'm not 17 you know."

Considering that he has a monster-sized crush on his brother's girlfriend, its a good, good thing that he is not 17 and they don't hang out. Everytime that girl comes to our house, Youngest expects his own personal "hello Youngest" and when she leaves she had better give him his own personal "goodbye Youngest." When she doesn't he is sure to quickly, rapidly inform her of her snafu.

Or my personal favorite...
"Mom. You need to start saying goodbye to us when you leave to go to work in the morning." I ask him why? They are sleeping so soundly, enjoying the pleasure of summers with nowhere to go while I scurry off to work...Why would I wake them from that? "Because mom. We wake up and its like KAPOOOSSSHHHHHH! You are gone." Just like that. Kapoosh. The new word to describe miraculous occurrences.

No comments:

Post a Comment